Friday 20 April 2012

Phew!


I can finally see light at the end of this particular tunnel!  As next week’s deadline looms for submitting two essays  (forms of art historical writing and second debates and approaches  - great timetable scheduling by the university – NOT!) my two attempts are virtually completed.  I need to stop looking at them for a couple of days and then do final proofing and bind, etc.  I am still amazed and slightly shell shocked at just how much time, energy and social life such work takes up. 
I really enjoyed the forms of art historical writing essay.  I created a catalogue introduction for an imagined sculpture exhibition at the Serpentine gallery.  I think I got a little bit carried away with my former curator’s cap on as I actually went and measured the gallery and am submitting an accompanying floor plan and list of proposed works, as well as the text itself!
The second essay, on representations of gender in contemporary art, was more challenging as there may be potential overlap with my dissertation topic and I certainly do not want to peak too soon with that…..
Next week I will return the twenty books I currently have from the university library, clear my desk at home, take a deep breath and then wait for the next module to kick in….

No comments:

Post a Comment